Friday, November 14, 2008

Maki declared fit for qualifying day

Maki declared fit for qualifying day

Mika Maki will take part in today's practice and qualifying sessions for the Macau Grand Prix after missing yesterday afternoon's running.

The Finn has been suffering from suspected food poisoning this week and had to sit out Thursday's qualifying session following a crash after just four laps of the morning practice.

He complained of abdomen pains after his accident and was sent back to his hotel to rest. But he returned to the circuit this morning and has been declared fit to drive.

"I had a bad stomach from Wednesday onwards, some food poisoning we think," said Maki. "It was getting worse yesterday but I tried to drive anyway. In the session it was quite bad and I ended up thinking more about being ill than driving and this is how you have a crash.

"The doctors gave me some medicine and I slept a lot yesterday. This morning I am a lot better and I will try to catch up - I just have to stay out of the walls this time!"



  • Maki ruled out of first qualifying
  • Donovan fit, ready for milestone
  • No comments: