Friday, September 19, 2008

Meyrick targets Donington return

Meyrick targets Donington return

British Formula 3 racer Andy Meyrick is recovering from the serious illness that has kept him out of the last two rounds and is targeting a return before the end of the season.

The Carlin Motorsport driver was leading the National Class standings with seven wins from the first 12 races when he fell ill before the races at Brands Hatch in July.

The 22-year-old spent three weeks in hospital, two of them in intensive care, undergoing tests and treatment. His recovery is progressing and, with no long-term effects he hopes to make his racing return at the season finale at Donington Park in October.

"I'd like to thank everyone for all the support I've received since becoming ill and, of course, the medical team who have looked after me for the last few weeks," he said. "If it wasn't for their professionalism, the outcome could have been much worse.

"It's been incredibly frustrating to miss the second half of the season but, having beaten an illness of this nature, my goal is to return as soon as possible and resume where I left off.

"Thankfully, there will be no long-lasting effects, so I'm fully committed to my racing and getting back to full fitness as soon as possible."

No comments: